Car flips on to its roof in Whitehaven crash
Last updated at 16:18, Friday, 01 February 2013
A YOUNG motorist had a lucky escape after his car dramatically overturned.
A Vauxhall Corsa – being driven by a 17-year-old man – flipped onto its roof on Cleator Moor Road, close to the entrance to Whitehaven School.
The incident happened at 3.10pm on Thursday, just before the school finished, and neither the driver nor any passers-by were hurt in the incident.
The road was partially closed as the emergency services worked to clear the scene, on the junction of Cleator Moor Road and Queens Close.
Engineers also attended to make the scene safe as the car had struck an electricity box.
First published at 16:42, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Engineering needs to be ‘sexier’ says Cumbrian MD
- Top tips: climbing the Google rankings
- Cumbria business blog
- CumbriaHour discusses the business tech of the future
- Cumbria bakers to compete in TV cooking contest (1 comment)
- Totalpost wins huge Home Office contract
- Dodd & Co salute staff with 155 years service
- Chancellor praises Carlisle in Commons - twice
- Cumbria firms welcome package to help high street trade
- Superfast broadband: Carlisle businesses get up to speed
- Small Business Saturday hailed as a 'big success'