Businesses should try hand at award
Published at 16:15, Wednesday, 20 February 2013
A RALLYING call has been made for West Cumbrian businesses to put themselves forward for a Cumbria awards ceremony.
West Cumbria Tourism is urging businesses in the Western Lake District to enter this year’s Cumbria Tourism Awards.
The Cumbria Tourism Awards 2013 take place on June 11 at the Rheged Centre, Penrith, and is a celebration of Cumbria’s tourism industry and the talented individuals behind it.
Winners at the awards will go on to represent the county at the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence in 2014.
Katie Read, West Cumbria Tourism manager, is encouraging Western Lake District businesses to make the most of this opportunity to showcase their area.
She said: “The Cumbria Tourism Awards celebrate the very best of what Cumbria has to offer and I believe that we have a lot of potential award winners here in the Western Lake District.
“This is our chance to put the spotlight on our area and its businesses on a local, possibly national stage, so we urge our businesses to consider entering.
“Previous winners of the awards have benefited hugely from the publicity they have received as a result, so this could be an incredibly valuable opportunity for the Western Lake District.”
The closing date for entries is March 13.
Visit www.cumbriatourism.org/business-support/awards.aspx to find out how to enter or for more information on the awards.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
BBC News business headlines
- Good week for supplier base
- Good to see familiar faces return to ringside
- Get ideas off drawing board
- Dear Jenny
- Engineering boss relishes taking on fresh challenges
- Maryport firm SIS Pitches completes job in Copenhagen
- Website gives South Cumbria firms chance to take on giants
- Cumbrian marmalades to go on sale at Fortnum & Mason
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company
- Child porn images were downloaded by mistake, man tells court
- Ulverston ‘completely gridlocked’, councillor tells meeting (4 comments)
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (4 comments)
- Future’s bright for Ulverston hospice as £1,000 gift goes to decorating
- Police name dead cyclist found by A592 in south Cumbria
- Country traditions thrill thousands in Coniston
- Top poets launch three new collections
- Cartmel Races - Betfair Barbecue Day 2014
- Cartmel Races - Totepool Cumbria Crystal Hurdle Day 2014
- Sun set to shine on festival of Kings