Barrow company honoured for helping firms
Published at 16:11, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
A COMPANY that has helped hundreds of Cumbrian firms has picked up a major European award.
ENWORKS, working in partnership with Cumbria Rural Enterprise Agency, has helped 854 Cumbrian businesses including Ulverston’s Forge Europa (pictured), the Newlands Adventure Centre and Thornleigh Hotel and Conference Centre.
The organisation’s Resource Efficiency Support programme has won the ‘Sustainable Growth’ category in this year’s RegioStars 2013 Awards, beating competition from across the European Union.
The award was announced at a gala awards ceremony held at Centre for Fine Arts (BOZAR), in Brussels.
It has received praise from many influential figures in the worlds of both business and climate change including former US Vice President Al Gore.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- 2015: the year of the drone
- Cumbrian digital artist working with Disney
- £300m available to businesses in Cumbria
- Film crew gets behind the scenes access to Sellafield for documentary
- Plans revealed for Kendal business hub
- Cumbrian consultancy taken over by national firm
- Cumbrian firms want to stay in European Union
- How to get £3,000 broadband grants for your business
- Cumbrian journalist tells senators FIFA are "low-lifes"
- Living Wage plans will hit tourism and voluntary sectors
- Success sparks recruitment boost at Energy firm
- Plans revealed for new Cumbrian power lines