Barrow company honoured for helping firms
Published at 16:11, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
A COMPANY that has helped hundreds of Cumbrian firms has picked up a major European award.
ENWORKS, working in partnership with Cumbria Rural Enterprise Agency, has helped 854 Cumbrian businesses including Ulverston’s Forge Europa (pictured), the Newlands Adventure Centre and Thornleigh Hotel and Conference Centre.
The organisation’s Resource Efficiency Support programme has won the ‘Sustainable Growth’ category in this year’s RegioStars 2013 Awards, beating competition from across the European Union.
The award was announced at a gala awards ceremony held at Centre for Fine Arts (BOZAR), in Brussels.
It has received praise from many influential figures in the worlds of both business and climate change including former US Vice President Al Gore.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
- Companies lining up bids to run Carlisle TV station
- Survey results could mean Cumbrian coal revival
- Shortlist announced for CN Group business awards
- New TIS factory will boost Cumbrian manufacturing
- Council votes to back supermarket levy
- Ban for directors of Carlisle-based finance business
- How to use colour on your website
- Boss says poor rail service is stifling growth in South Cumbria
- Cumbrian catering equipment company sold
- Huge drop in number of employment tribunals
- New finance director at Story Homes
- Cumbrian houses less affordable than London homes
- Scotland wants to explore Solway for oil and gas
- Women bosses earning less then men
- Firms get say on Carlisle city centre vision
- Fracking protection for Lake District National Park unless 'exceptional circumstances' (1 comment)
- Brewery expands to meet demand
- First Moorside contract put out to tender