Barrow company honoured for helping firms
Published at 16:11, Wednesday, 06 February 2013
A COMPANY that has helped hundreds of Cumbrian firms has picked up a major European award.
ENWORKS, working in partnership with Cumbria Rural Enterprise Agency, has helped 854 Cumbrian businesses including Ulverston’s Forge Europa (pictured), the Newlands Adventure Centre and Thornleigh Hotel and Conference Centre.
The organisation’s Resource Efficiency Support programme has won the ‘Sustainable Growth’ category in this year’s RegioStars 2013 Awards, beating competition from across the European Union.
The award was announced at a gala awards ceremony held at Centre for Fine Arts (BOZAR), in Brussels.
It has received praise from many influential figures in the worlds of both business and climate change including former US Vice President Al Gore.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Double jobs boost in Carlisle
- Sellafield chimney removal will take years
- FSB outlines opposition to parking fees
- Cumbria’s £3bn grid connection: everything you need to know
- Training experts offer tips on learning for #cumbriahour
- Lake District whisky goes on sale at Harvey Nicks
- £1million ploughed into Cumbrian travel project
- Cumbria's top tweeters give their social media tips
- Blencathra has been sold
- £27m Government deal to create 2,000 jobs
- Warning over 'Hollywood-style' cyber attack
BBC News business headlines
- World Cup prints idea scores global success
- Good week for supplier base
- Good to see familiar faces return to ringside
- Get ideas off drawing board
- Dear Jenny
- Engineering boss relishes taking on fresh challenges
- Maryport firm SIS Pitches completes job in Copenhagen
- Website gives South Cumbria firms chance to take on giants
- Cumbrian marmalades to go on sale at Fortnum & Mason
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- No increased risk of cancer for children living near Sellafield - research claims
- Silloth Kite Festival a soaraway success
- Cumbria police ‘handling cuts well’
- Child porn images were downloaded by mistake, man tells court
- Ulverston ‘completely gridlocked’, councillor tells meeting (4 comments)
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (10 comments)
- Future’s bright for Ulverston hospice as £1,000 gift goes to decorating
- Police name dead cyclist found by A592 in south Cumbria
- Country traditions thrill thousands in Coniston
- Top poets launch three new collections