Average insurance policy falls to £789
Last updated at 17:01, Thursday, 31 January 2013
CAR insurance quotes have fallen to their cheapest levels in more than a year – but the drop masks hikes for women following new European “gender neutral” rules, according an insurer.
The typical annual comprehensive car insurance policy for a driver fell to £789 in January, marking a 2.9 per cent decrease on October and the lowest average since October 2011, AA Insurance’s latest index found.
However, the typical quote for women between 17 and 22 increased by 4.7 per cent to £1,464 while the quote for men the same age dropped by 1.9 per cent, to £1,858.
First published at 16:46, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Keep ownership until cash is in the bank
- Never underestimate the importance of lists
- Eight global markets already lined up for Lakes Gin
- Lakeland kitchenware predicting rapid growth
- Nuclear skills time bomb can be halted
- Sellafield ploughs £200k into local projects
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel