Aussie marketing guru Geoff Kirkwood to inspire Cumbrian firms
Published at 14:24, Wednesday, 09 January 2013
THE Australian marketing guru Geoff Kirkwood is speaking in Cumbria next week.
Dubbed ‘the referral master’, he is an expert in internet and referral marketing who built the largest business-networking organisation in Australia.
He also created International Networking Week.
Mr Kirkwood has spoken in New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, the UK, Russia, Canada and the USA, and is back in the UK as part of 2013 world speaking tour.
He will be at Fantails, Wetheral, near Carlisle, next Wednesday, driving home his message that firms must do business online if they want to be around in 10 years.
And he will outline a step-by-step plan to promote and grow a business through networking.
The event starts at 7pm, is organised by Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and includes a three-course meal. Places cost £40 plus VAT to Chamber members and £75 plus VAT for non members.
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 226 0040.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Should firms support Labour's minimum wage plans?
- Cumbrian businesses refute office space claims
- New Balance Cumbria is 'factory of the future'
- The £7 million semi-detached home in Carlisle?
- Carlisle Living Awards: winners revealed
- Movers and shakers in the Cumbrian business world
- Chef to hold masterclasses for food business start-ups
- Foreign visitors to Lake District on the rise
- Cumbrian village digs its own broadband network
- Story Homes submits plan for 190 houses in north Carlisle (46 comments)
- Record occupancy for Cumbria hotel
- New map shows details of proposed power lines route across Cumbria (10 comments)
- SMEs lose out in council spending
- Stobart Group upbeat about latest results
BBC News business headlines
- Wedding planning duo have ring of confidence
- Benefits of wind power
- Good things come in threes for top accountants
- Apprentice schemes prove popular with school leavers
- Perfect chance to make your leadership dreams come true
- Glenn and Julie had the bottle to go it alone with plastics firm
- Dedication looks set to pay off for an ‘inspirational’ young apprentice
- Pupils compete for chance to quiz companies
- Businesswoman in line for top award
- Mules proved to be just champion at Gimmer lambs annual sale
- Carlisle scaffolding drama
- Appeal after smashed trailer light in Barrow
- Ulverston man, 81, who fell through roof is "very lucky to be alive" - say family
- Cumbria road closure after collision
- Tributes paid to 'one-of-a-kind' Carlisle dad
- Ulverston supermarket row set for legal showdown in court
- Road closed after one-car crash
- Road closed after car accident
- Barrow pet owner’s heartbreak after beloved cat is killed
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road